Bir Beyond Boundaries: Drive, Trek, & Soar on an Epic 360° Circuit Tour to Rajgundha, Palachak and beyond
Embark on a thrilling journey for 3 days and 2 nights, driving, trekking, and even flying (Optional) through the mesmerizing Himalayan region, from Bir to Rajgundha, Palachak, and beyond. Immerse yourself in the picturesque landscapes as you drive/travel across the iconic Shanan Dam (1932), the ridge of Jhatingiri, and many charming villages of Barot Valley along the Uhl River.
Discover the magic of Rajgundha village, where time seems to slow down, before taking off on a trek to Palachak. Unwinding under the stars in Zostel, Rajgundha, relishing a farm-to-fork meal. Conclude this tour with a drive to Billing where you can choose to experience the exhilaration of paragliding, soaring through the sky, and witnessing the breathtaking views as you land back in Bir.
This extraordinary journey goes beyond traditional travel, offering a transformative experience, the Parabooking way!
- Bir (Start Point): Commence the journey from Bir, perched 1500m above sea level, in a cosy and comfortable car. Absorbing the view of majestic, still growing, 50-million-year-old Dhauladhar and Shivaliks, as they weave a captivating oceanic wave-like tapestry around you. The perfect beginning of an exhilarating adventure that promises to ignite your spirit and leave you yearning for more.
- Shanan Dam, Joginder Nagar: Nestled in Joginder Nagar, the remarkable Shanan Dam is an engineering marvel. British Engineer Colonel B.C. Batty’s vision led to the construction of an entire railway line and a funicular trolley system from Pathankot to Joginder Nagar. The dam serves as a testament to the incredible feats achieved by human ingenuity and perseverance. A truly awe-inspiring destination for history or nature enthusiasts and photographers alike.
- Jhatingri, Barot Valley: Enter the enchanting Barot Valley, locally known as Chuhar Valley, through the gateway of Jhatingri. Driving along the Uhl River, prepare to be stunned by the instant shift in treeline, altitude, and culture as you transit from one of the Agro-climatic zones of Himachal Pradesh, to another.
- Resting point: At the Instagramable Jhatingri Ridge, take a moment to unwind, indulging in a cup of tea or lemonade, and if fortunate, taste the seasonal juice of local Rhododendron flower, while you savour the breath-taking views of surrounding valleys.
- Lunch at Nalhota: Nourish your soul with an authentic Himachali feast, featuring locally grown Rajma-chawal, lentils, and flavoursome vegetables at the Pahadi Homestay in Nalhota, against the backdrop of gigantic Himalayan mountains.
- Rajgundha Village: Next stop – Rajgundha Village, which feels as if emerging from a time machine into the 1960s. Here, clouds move leisurely and life slows down harmonizing with nature’s rhythm. With only 50-60 homes and no light pollution, this village becomes a celestial observatory, with a clear view of the Milky Way, dancing satellites, and shooting stars, as if peering through a magnificent telescope.
- Nights at Zostel, Rajgundha: Experience the local life in an unforgettable stay at Zostel, Rajgundha, offering the view of Thamsar Pass and the soothing sound of the Uhl River. Choose between a cosy dormitory or Alpine tents for accommodation post relishing a locally sourced authentic meal.
- Trek to Palachak: Post breakfast, take off on a 3 hrs leisurely trek from Rajgundha to Palachak. As you trek along the banks of glacial Ulh river, the panoramic view of lush valleys, oak tree forests and the majestic snow-capped peaks in the distance will leave you in awe. Keep an eye out for the waterfall across the river where wildlife like bears, ibex, and even leopards are spotted during winters. A breathtaking adventure amidst nature’s wonders.
- Campfire Lunch: Feel the joy of making a camp fire next to the river and cooking a simple meal over it, while you listen to interesting local stories from your guide.
- Bonfire Dinner at Zostel: Return back to Zostel in the evening, and unwind by the bonfire under the twinkling stars. Relish farm-to-fork delights sourced from the village and some fresh trout from the in-house farm.
- Back to Billing: This unforgettable tour, filled with natural beauty and adventure, culminates with a 12km drive back to Billing, a record-holding paragliding destination. Here, you can choose to drive for another awe-inspiring 14km back to Bir or end the trip on a “high” and opt to reward yourself with the thrilling experience of paragliding. Either way, land back in Bir to complete the full circuit tour
- Transportation (Bir to Bir)
- Fixed Refreshments
- All Fixed Vegetarian Meals
- Professional guide throughout the trip
- 2 Nights stay at a Premium Hostel in Rajgundha
- Paragliding from Billing to Bir
- Trout Fish / Non-Veg Meals on Order
- Tea & snacks ordered beyond the fixed Itinerary
- Do check the weather conditions and pack appropriate clothing and gear.
- Do wear comfortable and sturdy hiking Shoes.
- Do wear sunscreen to avoid sunburns.
- Do carry sufficient water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the trip.
- Don’t litter or leave any waste behind; always carry out what you carry in.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to click pictures for the gram!